Today, we’re taking the data-driven approach one step further, with our Segment integration for Split. Customers who use Split already gain data on how their features are released, logging every customer’s exposure to a new feature as it’s rolled out from 0-100%, along with metadata about when and how rollouts were initiated. Through our integration, we’re giving customers who rely on Segment an easy way to see how feature roll-outs impact their business.
Use Cases: Who Benefits by Using Segment and Split Together?
Segment is a great medium for appending multiple streams of data and driving powerful correlations. When feature release events become another data source, and you can see which users were exposed to those new features (and presumably what they did before and after that exposure), you can tie feature performance to other key business metrics you care about.
Utilize Segment to push Split data into platforms like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or your data warehouse to quickly understand engagement and other key usage metrics. You can further pair Split data with a number of Segment’s available integrations and sources to:
- Assist sales teams in…
- Identifying the true key buying factors of your application by correlating feature exposure by customer to usage or conversion improvements by customer type (industry, user role, license package). Teams can then use this information to better understand what features are driving upgrades, and optimize how features are bundled across packages.
- Pair Split impressions with Salesforce account information.
- Assist product marketing teams in…
- Managing customer communication with targeted messages based on a customer’s particular feature experience. As you gradually ramp a new feature to 100% of customers, align feature announcements and marketing messaging to trigger specifically for customers exposed to a particular treatment.
- Send Split impressions as custom events to Drift or Customer.io to trigger email campaigns.
- Assist customer success and support in…
- Assist business operations and product teams in…
- Correlating the launch of any new feature with your company’s business metrics to better understand how any feature directly impacts your bottom line.
- Pair Split impressions with Stripe account data.
Gain Business Insight into Product Releases — Just Like Segment Does
Bring Segment and Split together to understand how your customers are actually responding to each new product development, and act on this insight immediately with powerful, dynamic configuration in Split. You can even kill poorly-performing features right from Split, without ever needing to touch code.
Split is helping teams like MainStreetHub, WePay and Affirm build better products. In addition to today’s integration announcement, we’re also proud to count Segment as a customer too. As Christopher Child, Project Manager at Segment says:
“Split has enabled us to move much faster. We can ship code straight through to production knowing that our users won’t see it until we’re ready to show them.”
We set out to help teams build better products, and through better products, better businesses. If you’re new to Split, sign up for a free demo and trial, and we’ll show you how Split can give you control over your feature releases.
Stay up to date
Don’t miss out! Subscribe to our digest to get the latest about feature flags, continuous delivery, experimentation, and more.
Become more data-driven around feature releases by using impression data from Split in mParticle and mParticle event data to evaluate treatments in Split.
Google Analytics is the most popular web performance tool out there. Nearly every web app uses it. And given the metrics that GA collects — sessions, pageviews, conversion rates, page load timing — it’s a logical dataset to pair with feature flags. So we’re excited to announce our latest, very…
Feature flag approval flows make it easy to review changes before production, stay compliant with regulation, and see the status of every feature.