Webinar Summary Highlights
The focus is on the evolution and improvement of software applications through agile development. Feature flags and insight help release features faster and with safety. Testing and measuring possibilities is emphasized without sacrificing lunch breaks. The importance of collaboration, learning, and best practices is highlighted. The building blocks of best practice are described: a collaborative platform, data-driven decision-making, security and scalability, and education and guidance.
Updates and enhancements in Split’s platform are mentioned to support these building blocks. Split is positioned as the market leader for feature management on G2. Split has surpassed 8 trillion flag evaluations per month, reaching over 7 billion users and devices. Approximately 70,000 active experiments are running on the Split platform. Split will prioritize features and make it easy for teams to adopt the platform.
The roundtable discussion is a follow-up to a previous webinar on securing CFO buy-in. Key takeaways from the previous webinar include knowing when to ask for investment, relating proposals to key metrics, considering the discrete investment and its return, and tying the project’s impact to the company’s financial statements. It is recommended to start investing in free solutions to understand their value before making a case for paid versions. The first question discussed is about tools or internal methods to assess ROI, with headcount reallocation mentioned as an effective approach.
- Identify the cost of incidents both externally and internally
- Determine the number of engineers required to handle incidents
- Invest time to prevent incidents and save engineering time and reputation costs
- Focus on known areas such as performance metrics, monitoring, and alerting
- Use improved metrics and numbers to discuss with CFO or business partner
- CFOs are often familiar with technology costs and incidents
- Establish a stakeholder team by finding decision-makers and making a compelling argument
- Socialize the idea and talk to peers and others who may have similar problems
- Consider reaching out directly to decision-makers
- Ensure staying competitive by leveraging the advantage of moving quickly for smaller companies
- Streamline processes and reduce bureaucracy for enterprise companies
- Seek immediate results and value by utilizing existing tools or exploring freemium options
- Consider pre-existing relationships, integrations, and partnerships
- Track progress against implementation plans and project timelines
- Monitor utilization and entitlements to gauge progress
- Evaluate if the expected benefits are being realized.
Get Split Certified
Split Arcade includes product explainer videos, clickable product tutorials, manipulatable code examples, and interactive challenges.
Switch It On With Split
The Split Feature Data Platform™ gives you the confidence to move fast without breaking things. Set up feature flags and safely deploy to production, controlling who sees which features and when. Connect every flag to contextual data, so you can know if your features are making things better or worse and act without hesitation. Effortlessly conduct feature experiments like A/B tests without slowing down. Whether you’re looking to increase your releases, to decrease your MTTR, or to ignite your dev team without burning them out–Split is both a feature management platform and partnership to revolutionize the way the work gets done.