Join us for an insightful webinar on online experimentation, where our resident data scientist, Lizzie, will explore the power and responsibilities that come with running experiments. Discover the four key aspects that make experimentation a valuable technique and learn how to effectively harness its power. From understanding the need for experimentation in a rapidly evolving engineering landscape to the importance of defining clear hypotheses and choosing the right metrics, Lizzie will provide practical insights and best practices. Discover how experimentation can help you make data-driven decisions, remove biases, and rapidly detect issues. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of online experimentation and how to leverage it responsibly.
The webinar is divided into two parts: the power of experimentation and the responsibilities of an experimenter.
Experimentation enables us to assess the impact of changes and measure value accurately.
- It allows us to shift from focusing on output to outcome, emphasizing the actual impact on users and the business.
- Experimentation helps us learn from failures and make data-driven decisions.
- Responsibilities of an Experimenter:
- Defining clear and testable hypotheses is crucial to maintaining scientific rigor.
- Choosing the right metrics is essential; they should be meaningful, sensitive, directional, and understandable.
- Avoiding multiple metric comparisons reduces the risk of false positives.
- Sufficient data collection is necessary to account for seasonality and sensitivity, ensuring reliable conclusions.
- Taking action based on interpreted results and making informed decisions is a key responsibility.
Overall, the webinar emphasizes the importance of responsible experimentation, providing practical insights and guidelines to maximize the value and accuracy of experiments.