Feature Flag Best Practices: Advanced Tips for Product Delivery Teams
Learn how to maintain feature flag consistency in different scenarios and how to develop, test, and work with feature flagging at scale. Download the eBook to learn more.
Advanced Tips for the Continuous Delivery Product Team
Whether you want to fine-tune operational control or conduct A/B testing, feature flags make it easy to deliver software features quickly and safely. Learn eight best practices for using feature flags in production, including how to configure and manage a growing set of features within your product, maintain them over time, manage infrastructure migrations, and more.
- Learn feature flagging strategies for transitioning users from “anonymous” to “logged in”
- Keep feature flagging decisions on the server to maintain performance and security
- Use patterns to make incremental, backward-compatible database changes
- Implement flagging decisions as close to business logic as possible
- Have each feature flag owned by one team responsible for rollout and monitoring
- Consider testability when using feature flags in combination with CICD practices
- Maintain a process for identifying and tracking flags
- Examine the effect feature flag management is having on your business