Engineering teams often quickly go from just having a few feature flags, to way too many. Feature flags enable continuous delivery, dark launches, A/B tests, canary releases, kill switches, beta programs, and more.
It’s not long before the conditional statements littered through a codebase begin to chafe. Luckily there are some simple management techniques which help keep things under control. In this webinar continuous delivery consultant Pete Hodgson will introduce some of them.
- How to categorize feature flags
- How namespacing flags can communicate flag status and ownership
- Practical tips for keeping the number of flags manageable
- Pete Hodgson, Software Delivery Consultant
- Ed Sawma, VP of Product Marketing, Split Software